As sellers of a product that can be mistaken for marijuana did you think we’d let 420 pass by without a purr, meow or flick of the tail? If so, you just don’t know the minds behind Meowijuana!
We love the Urban Dictionary’s explanation of what 420 is: “The term originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot.
42 Ways To Celebrate 420 With Your Cats
Regardless of the meaning, we are going to have fun with 420 because let’s face it… our cats want to get baked!
Ready. Set. Toke – er, GO!
- Just chill. Be like your cat and just chill with him.
- Brush her. She’ll love it! (Bribe her with a joint, then she might!)
- Go for a walk
- Build a catio
- Give her some catnip
- Play with a feather toy with her
- Scratch her behind the ears
- Give him a warm bed
- Make a kitty cave in the closet so she can get away from it all
- Toss a box or two around the house.
- Crumple up a piece of paper and let the fun begin
- Take her to the vet – she won’t like it, but you’re a good pet parent, right?
- Adopt a new kitten
- Find an app that lets her chase fish around the screen
- Hide some food for a fun game of hide and seek
- Teach your cat some tricks
- Invest in a new cat scratcher – they wear out
- Grab that laser pointer and let her chase it
- Drop a ping pong ball in the tub
- Stuff catnip into an old sock
- Turn on a remote- or battery-operated toy
- Get new toys
- Set up a kitty agility course
- Alternate the cat toys
- Build a tower of boxes or shelves
- Cut holes in a box so your cat can jump in and out
- Drop toys into the boxes
- Throw a party for your cat
- Turn on a nature channel that has birds or bugs or something else for your kitty to watch while you’re away
- Go to your local shelter and play with the kitties there
- Adopt a senior cat
- Talk to your cat
- Give your cat a massage from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail
- Place a bird feeder by a window
- Plant an indoor cat garden (cat grass and catnip!)
- Sew your kitty some catnip pillows and fill with high-quality catnip
- Plan daily cuddle time
- Call your cat by his or her name – they will learn it and may come to you when you call (offer a treat when they do come to you)
- Cats love to roll around inside a paper bag
- Give your kitty a cat food puzzle
- Let your kitty bump you on the face with his face
- Give your cat some catnip that is so good it should be illegal!
We could definitely come up with even more ways to celebrate 420 with your kitty, but we just want you to go shopping for a 420 Bundle – there’s good stuff for your kitty and for you!